Internet is a blessing to the world, but unfortunately, some unscrupulous Nigerians have made it to seem otherwise. Every passing day, so many Nigerians are being scammed at one point or the other, either in large sum of money or small money and It's quite painful to lose your hard earned money to a scammer pretending to be a genuine business owner selling goods or rendering service just to scam innocent people. It is killing the good image of internet technology in Nigeria and also making it difficult for Nigerians to trust one another when transacting business online, and in our effort to make sure people are safe from scammers, we at Mimi Logistics have compiled a comprehensive instruction to follow in case you fall victim of online scammers. Follow the instruction below to get your money back from anybody that scam you online or through other means:
Many Nigerians don't always know what to do when they get scammed online, so today we are sharing with you things you should do when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods scams you:
1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).
2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.
3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text)
4. copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".
5. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.
6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it. While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com.) Copying CBN fraud desk will force the bank to take it up fast.
What should you expect after you take the steps above?
The suspected scammer’s bank account will be PLACED ON HOLD. Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw money from their account until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the Police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money to you.
Please share this information to enlighten your friends and family members and to protect them from scammers!